*Emotional effects of a cancer diagnosis*
– From the article:
– You are likely to experience a range of emotions throughout your
diagnosis, treatment and recovery. Some of these can be shock, anger,
sadness, sorrow, denial, guilt and anxiety.
– By recognising the feelings and emotions you are having, you can learn
to cope better and feel more in control of your illness.
– Sometimes these feelings can lead to anxiety and depression.
– Signs of depression can include having a low mood most of the time,
lack of motivation, a change in sleeping pattern and poor concentration.
– Talking openly about your feelings and emotions can be a huge help.
There are different types of talking therapy such as counselling or
– Depending on the severity of your anxiety and depression, you may need
– Surviving cancer can also have emotional effects.