Resources on reproductive loss
1) When Part of the Self Is Lost: Helping Clients Heal After Sexual and Reproductive Losses by Constance Hoenk Shapiro was published in 1993 but may be hard to get, its not currently available on Amazon.
2) CBC had a program called “mother of miscarriage” that can be ordered on tape. it is mostly to validate the loss, giving permission to grieve, and reminding the woman she is not alone.
3) Nancy Newman has an excellent website as well:
4) http://www.missfoundation.org MISS Foundation, online support groups for all family members and resources for caregivers.
5) “Empty Cradle, Broken Heart” by Davis is a written resource. There is also a website: http://www.emptycradle.org/
Another book is: An Empty Cradle, a Full Heart: Reflections for Mothers and Fathers After Miscarriage, Stillbirth, or Infant Death
Author: Christine O’Keeffe Lafser.
6) Hope is like the Sun: Finding Hope and Healing after Miscarriage,
stillbirth or Infant death by Lisa Church (Book).
Natacha Ferrada, Ph.D
with input of BC colleagues